The Iron Workers District Council of Southern Ohio & Vicinity Scholarship Program will help sons and daughters of Ironworkers attend college.
Application forms are available at the Local Unions on January 1, 2021. All completed applications and supporting materials must be sent to the District Council Office no later than March 31, 2021.
Download Application for 2021 -> Download Here
Sons and daughters of International Officers and the District Council President are not eligible.
1) Only sons and daughters of members or deceased members (who are in good standing at the time of their death) of the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers, who are presently in their senior year of high school or currently attending proper college, are eligible to compete for the Scholarship.
2) Applicant must be a child, stepchild or adopted child of a member of the Iron Workers Districts Council of Southern Ohio & Vicinity, who has had five (5) or more years of continuous membership in the International Association and who is an active member within the Iron Workers Districts Council of Southern Ohio & Vicinity at the time of their child’s application. Grandchildren are not eligible to apply.
3) Applicants shall submit a complete application within the specified deadline (no exceptions).
4) Applicants shall rank in the upper half of their graduating class or college class.
5) Scholarship awards are competitive, and are based on:
a. Academic standing of the student during their four (4) years in high school or college
b. College entrance examination scores (SAT or ACT)
c. Extracurricular activities and leadership
d. Character reference and citizenship
6) In judging scholarship applications, the Awards Committee shall select a list of alternates. Such alternates shall be eligible in the order of their selection for scholarships in the event that one or more of the applicants should be unable to accept a scholarship award at the time of initial selection.
7) A scholarship winner may attend any accredited college or university of his/her choice in the United States or Canada and must be enrolled in a full-time program leading toward a degree.
8) Scholarships will be awarded for one year and will not be renewed. Recipients must reapply.
9) The awards will be made payable to the selected applicants.
10) Award payments will only be made after verification that recipient’s parent is in good standing with their dues payments. 11) Scholarship checks will be sent to the appropriate Local Union for distribution to the award winner.
Note to the Local Unions: Proof of member in good standing must be submitted to IWDCSOV